No matter what size your business is, it can always benefit from tightened security processes, especially where data protection is concerned. These days, most small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) can produce a significant amount of data, so it’s important to ensure that such data is secured. For decades, the team from CyberTech 360 has been providing backup and data protection solutions to a range of businesses and they’re here to help.
Below, you’ll find some of the things you need to know as a business owner about data protection. and how to prepare with disaster recovery and backup solutions.
Criteria for Choosing the Right Backup & Data Protection Solution
When choosing your data protection plan, there are some important considerations to make. Assess each potential backup plan based on the following criteria:
- Comprehensiveness: Do you have a dedicated IT team? If not, you’ll need a more comprehensive data protection plan. On-site and cloud-based services will help you be as thorough as possible.
- Recoverability: You can lose data to a variety of reasons, everything from a thunderstorm to a blip in your server, so considering how easy it is for you to recover after such an event is key. The best plans will be able to provide you with a backup in a matter of seconds and restore systems after an event ASAP.
- Scalability: Is your business going to expand over the coming years? If so, implement a scalable data plan designed to keep up with such growth, that way you don’t have to waste time and money each year as you grow.
- Ease-of-Use: With all the integrated technology at your disposal nowadays, training a team to handle backup services and data protection isn’t always necessary. In many cases, you can find a plan that utilizes intelligent user interfaces supported by managed service providers to give you a support network when needed.
Specific Data Protection & Backup Features to Look For
Every business is different, which means there’s no one-size-fits-all data protection solution. However, there are some common features businesses should look for, like:
- Proof of Backup: Simply implementing data protection and backup technology isn’t enough: you need regular proof it’s working. Don’t sign onto a plan that doesn’t provide regular status updates.
- Secure Storage: These days, even the most sophisticated data storage and cloud systems can be compromised. This means that it’s paramount to choose a company that not only offers both physical storage and cloud solutions but also multiple storage systems in different geographic locations.
- Virtualization: When a system fails, virtual features can enable users to conduct business as usual, integrating that data later once their system is up and running again. With this feature, businesses can have virtual devices, applications, servers, and even entire networks.
Let Cybertech360 Keep Your Business Secure
If you’ve decided it’s time to give your company’s data protection and backup services an overhaul, the team from CyberTech 360 would love to hear from you. For more information about our commercial cyber security solutions, contact us today online or call (403) 789-8933.